The easiest way to setup mail lists is by using one of the "Mail Lists" in your SiteMadeEasy Web Control Panel in http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/plusmail.
are a very popular way for people to send and receive information of a particular type. For example, you might wish to add all of your customers to a mail list, then notify them all of upcoming sales or specials with just one email flyer.
To set up Mailing lists with your SiteMadeEasy Web Control Panel, select the Mail Lists option from the panel menu.
- Email Address of Maillist: Enter the name or title portion of the address only. For example: tips or news.
- List of Email Addresses: Enter the FULL valid email address that you want the email forwarded to. For example: email@example.com (Type carefully. If you make an error the email will be forwarded to an incorrect email address).
- Save Maillist: You MUST click this button to Save your changes.
- Edit Maillist: To edit your existing maillists, simply change the information in the entry fields.
- Delete Maillist: To delete an existing maillists, simply highlight the maillist to be deletes and click this button.
If you prefer not to enter the email addresses via the SiteMadeEasy Web Control Panel, you can upload an ASCII (text) file with the name of the list (one email address per line) into the maillists directory. The maillists directory is in your home directory, not your www directory.